Symptoms of TMJ
- Jaw pain or soreness, more noticeable in the morning or afternoon
- Jaw pain while chewing, biting, or yawning
- Earache without an infection, sometimes spreading into the face
- Soreness in front of the ear
- A clicking or grinding noise while opening and closing your mouth
- Difficulty opening and closing your mouth
- A stiff jaw when eating, talking, or yawning
- Sensitive teeth without any signs of dental problems
- Aching on the side of the head and neck pain
- A burning sensation in the mouth/tongue
- Grinding of your teeth
- Restricted range of jaw movement or “locking” of the jaw in an open or closed position
A thorough dental examination is the first step toward finding a solution. Depending on the diagnosis, treatments may include reshaping teeth, bite guards, and muscle relaxants.
Call us at (732) 945-5661 for more information about TMJ and jaw pain.